October 02, 2006

Water Roots

It does happen that I succumb to vanity. Very seldom, of course. *ahem* But in those moments of weakness, I'll occasionally run searches to find out if anybody outside of the Technorati world has noticed my website. What can I say? It feels good to know people are listening, I guess.

Dieffenbachia CamilleIn one of those searches, I came across this very interesting site, Water Roots. The lady who set this site up grows all her houseplants in water, a system known as hydroculture. She has simplified the standard procedures and had good results, so she shares them with the world. Her photo gallery is very impressive (and extensive) featuring page after page of plants brimming with good health. I am green with envy.

Fortunately she doesn't just show off. She has lots of practical information on setting up the system, shopping for supplies, dealing with pests and so on. Check out her site and settle in for an enjoyable session. Be forewarned: you will develop a severe case of envy.

Technorati tag:

2 comments:

waterroots said...

I am so flattered that you would write about my website in your blog! It was quite a pleasant surprise to see one of my photos being showcased. For a moment or two – before I realized it was my picture - I thought “Wow, that plant is super healthy! Is Janet doing the hydroculture thing too? How cool” :~)

I drop into your site almost everyday to see what’s new in your corner of the world. After I finish snooping around here, I jump over to your other blog ‘The Walrus Said’. Both fabulous blogs! I’ve added this one to my links page on my site. I wanted to add your other blog as well but couldn’t figure out how to fit it in with houseplants... :)

Thank again! Pop over to my neck of the woods now and then for a visit. I feel like I’ve found a pot of gold with the hydroculture method and want to share it with the rest of the world! That's why I built the site. The Hydro Log is where I always add new articles to keep the site from becoming sluggish...

Anonymous said...

I must confess, I lifted that particular picture because it is a plant that I managed to kill. Twice. Spider mites I think. I do intend to try again, but with that darn move coming up, I'm not launching any new projects. After my move, I do intend to try your method. I've never been happy with the limitations of potting soil.

And it was my pleasure to showcase your site. It is worthy of the attention.